Last updated: 4 March, 2021
Your privacy and anonymity are paramount to us. We advise you to read the information below carefully and do not share identifiable information such as any real names in your stories, questions or comments. Please note that we may quote your anonymous stories in future media and publications only if they do not consist of personally identifying information.
We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used.
Your continued use of our site will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us.
What data do we collect (identity & access)?
Aequip collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (like name, email address, etc.)
- User Generated Content (for example: your posts, questions or comments)
That’s just so you can personalize your new account, use our services (for example: comment on a post), and we can provide the service to you.
We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. What data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
When you use our website we may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide the Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Use our service (for example: update your profile, create a new post, comment on posts)
- Voluntarily complete a survey or provide feedback on any of our products and services or via email.
- Contact the Company with a question or to ask for help.
We may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Your Employer when they register you with our Service
How will we use your data?
We collect your data so we can:
- Process and manage your account.
- Provide you with our services
- Analyze our services
Will we share your data?
We don’t share any personally identifying information publicly or with third-parties, except when required to by law.
The only times we’ll ever share your info:
- To provide products or services you’ve requested
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
How do we store your data?
We securely store your data at Google Cloud Data Center in London, United Kingdom
The Company would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
- If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
- You have the right at any time to stop the Company from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Company.
- If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What are your data protection rights (GDPR)?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights.
You may have heard about the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) in Europe. GDPR gives people under its protection certain rights with respect to their personal information collected by us on the Site. Accordingly, we recognize and will comply with GDPR and those rights, except as limited by applicable law. The rights under GDPR include:
- The right to access – You have the right to request the Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that the Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request the Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that the Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to Complain. You have the right to make a complaint regarding our handling of your personal information with the appropriate supervisory authority.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that the Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that the Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Many of these rights can be exercised by signing in and directly updating your account information. If you have questions about exercising these rights or need assistance, please contact us at email@example.com If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
What data processors do we use?
We use third party subprocessors, such as cloud computing providers and customer support software, to run the Service, and only to the extent necessary. These subprocessors are:
- Amazon Web Services – Cloud services provider
- Google Cloud Platform – Cloud services provider
- Stripe – Payment processing services.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – the Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us