Full Stack Developer (Remote in UK)
Full time 1 January to 31 March 2021
Aequip exists to give everyone the same chance to truly thrive, starting in the workplace. We equip companies with a diversity and inclusion analytics platform that actively promotes employee feedback and organisational listening using behavioural science.
We bridge the gap between employees and employers by giving people a safe and direct way to provide feedback about anything happening at their company, regardless of who they are or what their role is. Our platform is designed to ensure that all voices are heard, especially individuals not in the dominant culture. Aequip is a mission-driven, commercial business launched from the Zinc social impact incubator.
The Role: Full Stack Developer
It’s an exciting time at Aequip. We’re at a relatively early stage in our journey and are in search of someone who is curious and driven to apply behavioural science to deliver social impact. We have built a mobile app and are ready to build a Digital Platform powered by a Behavioural Analytics Engine. We’re looking for Full Stack Developers with a passion for building high-quality web applications to join our team and help us make this happen. You’ll need to bring the best of design and programming together to drive the look and feel of the platform. We will need to deliver platform enhancements within 3 short months, so this person will also need to be able to work at pace while maintaining high quality standards.
Location: Remote but must be UK based.
Salary: £50k-£60k pa for a three month project
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of commercial experience as a MERN full-stack developer
- Experience in fast-paced startups building products from start to finish
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS, CSS preprocessors (Sass, Less) and CSS frameworks
- Strong backend experience including NodeJs (with frameworks like express.js) and MongoDB
- Experience in deploying and managing backend infrastructure on AWS
- Experience in SQL databases like MySQL or PostgreSQL is beneficial
- Firebase experience is beneficial but not essential
- CI/CD & TDD knowledge
- Ability to write high quality, maintainable and clean code
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter comfortable working independently and in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- Willingness to work on any type of problem – development, testing, DevOps automation
- Ability to work remotely, and effectively manage your time
- Full lifecycle development experience
You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. At Aequip, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who work creatively and are passionate that everyone should be given a chance to thrive in the workplace.
What you’ll get to do:
- Take responsibility for an ambitious and exciting project
- Help drive the company’s product strategy and vision
- Play a key role in evolving the company’s behavioural science approach and drive the development of a robust Behavioural Analytics Engine
- Help shape new product features that influence behaviour change at individual, group, and organisational levels
- Work closely with the founders, development team and research advisors
- Use your skills and experience to transform Aequip’s vision into a great product that can make a tangible difference in the future of work.
You’ll build a Web Platform from the ground up, and work with our CTO and other developers on architecture, database models and structures, APIs etc. You’ll collaborate with our Research Team and Data Scientists to develop an Analytics Dashboard. This is a great opportunity to use your skills and experience to transform our vision into a great product.
This is a rare chance to join a technology business at an early stage where there’s a real opportunity to influence and help guide the company to success.
What we offer:
We care passionately about what we do and love doing it together. We give everyone the autonomy, trust and support to be the best they can be. If you want to have real ownership of the product to make a difference in the global workplace, please join Aequip.
Our perks include:
- 20 days holiday per year + bank holidays
- Competitive salary
- Remote work (As long as you live in the UK)
- Flexible hours
Note: This is a three-month long initial project with the possibility of transitioning this temporary position into a permanent role. The project start date is 1 January, 2021.
Note to recruiters: Due to the project’s financial structure, we’re unable to use any recruitment services at the moment. Please do not contact us about this role.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.