Full time 1 January to 31 March 2021
Aequip exists to give everyone the same chance to truly thrive, starting in the workplace. We equip companies with a diversity and inclusion analytics platform that actively promotes employee feedback and organisational listening using behavioural science.
We bridge the gap between employees and employers by giving people a safe and direct way to provide feedback about anything happening at their company, regardless of who they are or what their role is. Our platform is designed to ensure that all voices are heard, especially individuals not in the dominant culture. Aequip is a mission-driven, commercial business launched from the Zinc social impact incubator.
- 85% of workers are disengaged in the workplace, according to Gallup…
- And low employee engagement costs businesses across the globe $450-$500 million annually.
- As little as 23% of frontline workers feel that it’s “safe” for them to offer their employers feedback or take risks.
Would you like to help change this? And contribute to a more transparent and inclusive work environment FOR ALL?
If your answer’s YES, you have come to the right place…
The Role: Behavioural Scientist
It’s an exciting time at Aequip. We’re at a relatively early stage in our journey and are in search of someone who is curious and driven to apply behavioural science to deliver social impact. We have built a mobile app and are ready to build a Digital Platform powered by a Behavioural Analytics Engine. We’re looking for a Behavioural Scientist who is passionate, imaginative, and shares our thirst for evidence-based solutions to join our dynamic and growing team. We will need to deliver platform enhancements within 3 short months, so this person will also need to be able to work at pace while maintaining high quality standards.
Location: Remote but must be UK based.
Salary: £50k – £65k pa for a three month project
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s or PhD preferred) in Behavioural Economics, Behavioural Sciences, Cognitive Science or related field
- In-depth knowledge of the assumptions, suitability, and interpretation of analytical models
- Proficient in using SPSS, R, Python or similar software to analyse various types of data
- Expertise in designing and evaluating behavioural interventions based on data and experimentation
- Experience designing, implementing and analysing surveys
- Naturally curious, comfortable with ambiguity, and operates with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent organisational skills and can deal with competing priorities, unexpected changes, and short deadlines
- History of solving problems, creating solutions and driving change within a team is preferred
- Ability to clearly articulate and translate complex ideas to audiences of various backgrounds
- Demonstrated strategic and analytical thinking
- Familiarity with or experience in product development lifecycles, including rapid prototyping and agile methodologies
You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. At Aequip, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who work creatively and are passionate that everyone should be given a chance to thrive in the workplace.
What you’ll get to do:
- Take responsibility for an ambitious and exciting project
- Help drive the company’s product strategy and vision
- Play a key role in evolving the company’s behavioural science approach and drive the development of a robust Behavioural Analytics Engine
- Help shape new product features that influence behaviour change at individual, group, and organisational levels
- Work closely with the founders, development team and research advisors
- Use your skills and experience to transform Aequip’s vision into a great product that can make a tangible difference in the future of work
What we offer:
We care passionately about what we do and love doing it together. We give everyone the autonomy, trust and support to be the best they can be. If you want to have real ownership of a technology product’s data science underpinnings, we would love for you to join us. This is a rare chance to join a technology business at an early stage where there’s a real opportunity to influence and help guide the company to success.
Our perks include:
- 20 days holiday per year + bank holidays
- Competitive salary
- Remote work (As long as you live in the UK)
- Flexible hours
Note: This is a three-month long initial project with the possibility of transitioning this temporary position into a permanent role. The project start date is 1 January, 2021.
Note to recruiters: Due to the project’s financial structure, we’re unable to use any recruitment services at the moment. Please do not contact us about this role.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.